No pixel errors YE

I’m a happy owner of a new Samsung 172X…. WITH NO PIXEL ERRORS. Did I mention that I’m very happy.

Update: I have added a few low quality pictures

Protection for my laptop

I have continued my spending spree… I have bought little bag for my laptop to protect it under transport. Until now I have been wrapping it into an old poloshirt (not even my own - thanks Stoffer for the borrow, but hey you didn’t use it anyway ;-) ). The bag is designed for PowerBook’s but it fits my IBM X40 okay, even though I have the large battry.

Here are som pictures:

Spending my first salary

Starting from September, I have been employed at Casalogic where I until now have been working freelance. My first paycheck has reached my bank account and I’m now surfing the web for the best way to spend it :)

I have ordered the following:

  • Nintendo Wave Bird controller (for GameCube)
  • Sid Meier's Pirates (no - not the old classic... but this remake will probably be a classic too)
  • Samsung 172X TFT (please no pixel errors this time!!!)
  • DVI cable (for the monitor)

Sitting at work...

… working on a Aptus server which I have to have ready tomorrow for at customer. It serves so called ‘fit clients’, and I like the concept… though I wouldn’t (probably never) trade my favorite distro…. Debian :-D Aptus only works with distos like SUSE and Redhat.

Well…. hurray! It works - everybody cheering - I must be tired. I’ll better finish this up so I can get home and get some sleep.

Debian Sarge on IBM X40 howto - Part 9: Bluetooth

Today, while I was fiddeling around with my laptop, I tried transfering a file from my Nokia 6630 mobile phone to my laptop. I didn’t expect it to work becauce last time it didn’t. But this time it just worked!!

I have installed a few bluetooth Debian packages like: bluez-pin and bluez-utils. I use Bluetooth for GNOME (also packaged for Debian).

I have no idear what I have changed since the last time I tried it, but now I can extract all the pictures I have taken to my laptop. The only thing I remember having altered from the default settings is the device section in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf:

device {
    name "IBM X40";
    class 0x100100;

Look at the gnome-bluetooth mailinglist for more information about why I altered this.